Saturday morning brought swimming lessons again. We missed last week because of the 5k walk. Kelsey does pretty well with the back float now and likes to throw the floating dumbbell and then have to swim to get it. Afterward, Mattey had a baseball game. So, we spent the afternoon at the ball park. However, we dressed more for a fall football game than a spring baseball game. I even had to pull out Kelsey's winter hat and mittens. It was chilly, complete with sleet and snowflakes! Grandma and Grandpa came to root on the Huskies, too.
Sunday I woke up to a beautiful card from Kelsey and a gift certificate for a massage. It was very sweet and thoughtful. Following a cuddle session in bed while we watched cartoons, we made our way to church. Next stop was breakfast with Matt's family. Nate and Diane came down to join us as well.
After breakfast, we did our annual mother's day event of potting our flowers. This year we went to Souba's for our flowers. They had a really good selection. Kelsey liked helping to push the cart with Daddy.
I am very fortunate that Matt's mom is always willing to help me with this because I definitely do not have a green thumb. Stacey always generously allows us to make a mess in her garage with all the potting soil and flowers.
While we worked outside, Kelsey took a nap inside and then cuddled with Grandpa when she woke up.
Due to the cold weather, we are waiting to put them out for a few days. In the past, we have usually done our garden on mother's day as well, but we are waiting until it warms up.
We spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside with the kids and finished by ordering pizza.
We did find a little time to play at home before bath, books, and bed tonight. I thought a lot today about how lucky I am to be a mother and celebrating this day. Both Matt and I have had such amazing role models for mothers and we feel so blessed for that. I only hope I can be as good of a mom to Kelsey as they have/had been to us.
On this mother's day, I want to tell my beautiful Kelsey girl that I am so proud to be her mama. She has brought more joy to my life than I ever knew possible. Both she and Matt are my whole world and being a mother has truly made me feel so incredibly blessed. Kelsey is such an amazing child who is full of life and makes me smile everyday. I love being her mother :)
No comments:
Post a Comment