Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mommy

Friday was my birthday and Matt has been working on Kelsey saying "Happy birthday, Mommy" She did such a good job with it that she just kept repeating it over and over all day. It was so sweet! I told Mattey that for my birthday I just wanted to lay low and spend the day with him and Kelsey, and that is exactly what we did. To start the day, Matt and Kelsey made me breakfast.
It was a nice day outside, so we were able to get out a little and enjoy the sunshine. Mattey and Kelsey again pampered me by making lunch while I just lounged around. During the day, Kelsey got attached to a backpack and purse she has had for a long time, but hasn't really played with much lately. She was so into playing with them that she would not take them off to eat lunch or take her nap.


Later in the afternoon we met the Ginskeys for ice cream at the Blast. We then went to their house for a little cousins play session. For dinner, Mattey grilled out and we enjoyed yet another meal together. (I bet it sounds like all we did was eat all day! hehe) Finally that night Dave and Vickie came over for a bit to celebrate with us as well. Kelsey wanted to get right in there and help me open my presents.

It was such a relaxing, perfect day! I really love birthdays and Mattey knows this, so he truly made my day special. And for the record, I will be 29 and holding from here on out because I just don't know if I am ready for my first number to be a 3 next year! But seriously, here's to another wonderful year full of great memories!

No comments: