Monday, January 4, 2010

Slumber Party at Grandma and Grandpa's House

Saturday was our day to celebrate Christmas with Matt's immediate family. To start the day, we had some yummy appetizers and began opening presents. I cannot even begin to tell you how spoiled we all felt! Kelsey received SO many nice gifts. To mention just a few, she got a toy laptop, Little People dollhouse, suitcase with her name on it, Twins t-shirt, Dora doll, a food set, and the list goes on.....We feel so lucky that everyone was so generous. Matt and I also felt like little kids opening all of our presents because Dave and Vickie went all out! After opening a few presents and giving the kids something new to play with, we got the Wii out and played a few games. Next up was church. Mattey stayed home with all the kids since they were all pretty wired and would have been a little bit crazy at mass. Once we got home, we opened more presents and then had a delicious steak dinner. Afterward, we all changed into our sweats because I think our bellies were more than full. The rest of the evening was full of games and lots of laughs. We played Apples to Apples, and I don't think I have ever laughed as much as I did playing it Saturday night. To top it all off, we all spent the night! All the Skala kids slept in their old bedrooms. It felt a little funny to pack up to stay across town, but it was so fun. There is something special about all being able to stay together.

Picture Time!
Our family

The kids and grandkids

Ginskey Family

Nate and Diane

Grandpa, Grandma and the grandchildren

Sunday morning we had breakfast and then got packed up to head home. It was a very Merry Christmas, and I think we may have just started a new tradition for years to come.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Christmas 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: