Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What do you do on a snow day?

Today was wonderful! I posted earlier saying that we did not have school due to the bad weather. Kelsey and I decided to make the most of the day and had a blast! We started off by watching cartoons in our jammies and then eating pancakes for breakfast. Next, it was on to books. You already know that Kelsey is really into books, but today she literally took every book off the shelf and sat and looked at it. She also played with her toys, including her baby and stroller. Next, it was time for lunch. Kelsey loves to dip things in ketchup, so we had chicken nuggets. After lunch, we made a fort using her table and chairs. She thought it was pretty silly! After all that playing, it was time for a nap. While Kelsey napped, Mommy baked! Matt has a Christmas party on Friday so I made a new recipe--chocolate chip blondies. When Kelsey woke up, we made a cup of hot chocolate and I let her eat the melted marshmallows off the top. She wasn't too interested in trying the liquid part. I tried giving it to her on a spoon, but she preferred her sippy cup and snack. Kelsey still seemed a little sleepy when she woke up because she didn't nap as long as she usually does, so we cuddled on the couch and watched part of The Polar Express. She did doze off for a little longer--and I kept watching the movie :) Of course Kelsey had to talk on her cell phone today. We made phone calls to Grandpa Smith, Grandma Skala and Uncle Natey because those were the names she said. Her conversations consist of saying Hi Grandma/Grandpa/Na-Na, love you, bye-bye with me saying it first and Kelsey repeating. It looks like she is trying to text in this picture! Right before Daddy got home, Kelsey took an interest in her Christmas presents under the tree making sure to tell me "mouse" for the Mickey Mouse wrapping paper. What a fun day!
Seriously, I love days like this. I had brought home some things from school to look at just in case we were off today, but I did not even open my bag. Playing with Kelsey seemed way more appealing. It has stopped snowing, but the wind is still blowing and the temperatures are dropping fast. They say tomorrow morning will be -25 with the wind chill. BRRRR! Do you think we could have 2 days off in a row? Stay tuned to find out!

No comments: