Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shots, Meeting Leia, Shopping

Kelsey had her 15 month check-up on Friday and everything looks great! She is 22 1/2 pounds and 31 inches tall, which puts her at 50% for weight and 75% for height. She did have to get three shots, one of which was the second half of the flu vaccine. They can only give you a 1/2 dose when you are a baby getting it for the first time, so it was time for Kelsey's second half. I am thankful Mattey was there because I think even I tear up when she starts to cry. This time it did not last that long, but it still makes me sad to know she is in pain. After the doctor appt. we went out to eat at Plaza Morena (a great Mexican restaurant) to celebrate how brave Kelsey was. What a deal for mom and dad :) We watched the movie State of Play that night. It was a pretty good movie with lots of twists and turns to keep you thinking.
Saturday morning we went to Burnsville to meet our new niece, Leia. Kelsey absolutely loved her. She kept wanting to see Leia and touch her. Kelsey also got to play with Soren and Annika.


It was a very nice visit, and we are glad we got to meet her! After our visit, we stayed in the cities for awhile and ran a few errands before heading back to Owatonna. Later that night we watched The Ugly Truth. It was a good date night movie!
Sunday mornings have been more interesting in church lately because Kelsey has not been falling asleep like she used to during this time. So now we play the game of trying to keep Kelsey quiet and entertained. She does great the first 20 minutes, but after that it gets tricky. We have had to take her out of church the past two Sundays now because she just wants to talk away and gets mad that we can't put her down. Both times we went out though she fell asleep within five minutes. After church we had breakfast with Matt's family. Once we got home, Daddy and Grandpa watched football and Grandma, Kelsey and I went to do some shopping. I am proud to say I have officially began my Christmas shopping! I don't know what has gotten into me this year, but I am very excited about Christmas already!

No comments: