We bought a new car this week! We have been looking for awhile, and finally made the big purchase last week. We traded in the Stratus that Matt has had since college (moment of silence, please).
We are very happy with our purchase and feel relieved to know this major decision has been made and we now can just enjoy our new ride :)Kelsey tried out her toothbrush for the first time. She now has 6 teeth, and I figure it is never too early to teach good hygiene! I presumed she would just put it right in her mouth as this is what she usually does with most of her toys. But, when she felt the bristles, she was not too fond of the idea of putting that toothbrush anywhere near her lips. We tried many times, but she was not having it. We will have to keep you updated on her progress with this new "toy".
On Saturday night, Matt's Uncle Ed, Kelsey and I went to Fridley to meet Nate's girlfriend, Diane, and go to a polka dance. (For those of you who don't know I like polka music, now you do!) Matt was at a bachelor party, so we decided to keep ourselves busy! Kelsey has heard polkas around our house and in the car, but never live. When the first song played, she turned her head and gave a big smile. It seemed as though she did recognize it. I put cotton in her ears to help with the noise, and she even left it alone without the need to pull it out. It was a special moment for me to expose Kelsey to a live polka dance because I know Grandma Sandy was smiling down from heaven :)
Today, we spent the day with Matt's family. Nate and Diane came down from the cities, and we went to Stacey and Matt's house. We got together to celebrate mine and Mattey's birthdays. My birthday was June 18 and Matt's is this Friday, July 3. To kick things off, everyone except Grandpa and I had a water fight with squirt guns. I was holding Kelsey as she slept and boy, was I glad! Everyone was soaking wet when they got done! Thanks Kelsey for keeping Mama dry! After that, we just relaxed and played with the kids and tried not to get blown away. It was SO windy outside! Finally, we went to dinner at Pizza Ranch. It was a fun day!
There you have it! A big update on what we have been up to!
No comments:
Post a Comment